Rough storyboard for the first sighting of Atlanteans at the end of Act One, April 13, 2004. Drawn as part of my process of breaking down action for writing this scene (which did not appear in the drafts prior to my taking the assignment).
My scribbling's doubtless hard to read, and the bottom frames text was cut off, so where's what it says.
1. Track w/Cutty as he runs to spot
2. Yow! Has to duck incoming shot!
3. Cutty looks at impact as redshirt fires
4. "Sir! Someone's firing at us from—"
5. Cutty peers around corner
6. HIS POV—Fishmen!—barely visible in glow of globes they hold
7. 1st Fishman thrusts globe forward—shoots
8. Cutty flattens self behind wall as weapon hits other side!
9. CU Cutty sniffs
10. Turns. Sees burn mark. Almost got through! That was close!
11. Redshirt checks tricorder and reports.
12. INSERT Tricorder screen. Two targets ahead. Several others at 4 c'clock.
One thing I was inconsistent about is which hand Cutty's holding his phaser. He's actually a southpaw, so it should always be the left.