View Single Post
Old August 31 2011, 07:44 PM   #33
JD
Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

I just read it and thought it was pretty good. Nothing amazing, but a competent start. I thought the banter between Batman and Green Lantern was pretty good, especially the bits that Turtletrekker highlighted. I know some people are mad that it was just Bats and GL, but IMO that's a better way to do it then giving us all of the characters at once. Since this is the first time we're seeing the new versions of the characters, IMO introducing them slowly with each issue introducing one or two gives us a chance to get to know them as individuals before we get to know them as a time. I'm definitely intrigued by the hint as to who the big bad will be for the first arc (at least). The only real complaint I have, is that since this is the start of the new universe, it would have been nice to get a little more world building. There was some in dialogue, but it would have been nice to a little more detail. I'm definitely sticking through at least to the end of the arc, and the beginning of more of the series. My Rating: 4/5
Oh, and if anyone is wondering about a poll, I figured this would be for the whole New 52, so I didn't think it would be manageable to try to do a poll with multiple options for 52 individual issues.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that this was my first exposure to Jim Lee's art, and I really liked it.