View Single Post
Old August 31 2011, 05:29 PM   #24
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Both books were sorta MEH.

By the way, I'm not going to use spoiler tags. There's a Spoilers Welcome in the title of the thread.

Justice League: This should've been special. Maybe 40 pages. Or 80 pages. And I think it shoulda introduced the members of the team--what are they doing, where are they, etc, etc, instead of the the battle of "wits" between Batman and Green Lantern. I'm choosing to read it all as homoerotic subtext, it makes it make more sense.

Not much REALLY happens in this issue, and that's disappointing. Pages of art, with some plot, basiclly. Vic gets more time than I thought he would. And OOO, what a TWIST ending, Superman!

For a "relaunch" it feels very much the same. Not much risk in the story telling.

You know what it feels like: an adaptation of a movie that's coming out.

Flashpoint: so, wait, Barry saving his mom's life causes the UNIVERSE to come apart? SERIOUSLY? Her LIVING redirects Superman's pod? REAIMS Joe Chill's bullet? SERIOUSLY?

And that two page spread that "explains" the nunuDCU? Um. Ok. Great explanation. I couldn't figure out the three streams that needed to be reunited.... DC, Wildstorm and... Vertigo?