View Single Post
Old August 31 2011, 03:54 PM   #22
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

JoeZhang wrote: View Post
the G-man wrote: View Post
I find this neither good nor bad but I do find it kind of amusing how, these days, the "Trinity" seems to be Superman, Batman and GL. Just an observation on the changing tastes of fans.
Instead of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman?

Has that trinity ever really existed outside of DC Marketing and the 30,000 or so people who buy Wonder Woman and want their hero to be important?
Sorta. Bats, Supes, and WW are or at least were the most popularly known heroes. I mean, no one called them that until DC did, but I'd say it had some basis in reality... there's a reason For The Man Who Has Everything stars those three plus Robin. Although it would've been pretty hilarious if Hal Jordan had crashed the party uninvited and gotten beaten to death by the alien with yellow skin.

That said, yeah, WW hasn't been successful in, what, decades? They say she's the hardest major DC character to write, and I believe it. Oh well, just get Johns on her, and he'll give her the motivating tragedy involving parental death and/or disgrace that the kids go ga-ga over these days.

Myasishchev is offline   Reply With Quote