View Single Post
Old August 31 2011, 06:13 AM   #11
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Dennis wrote: View Post
Wait a minute - you mean there are people who really expect not to find out what happens in a monthly periodical until it's republished all together a year or two later? And they consider that it's a reasonable courtesy for other people to not discuss it in a timely fashion as it's published?

What a sense of entitlement that must require.
Yes. How dare JD show some curiosity in the internet!

Seriously though, I suppose it is the same sense of "entitlement" that people feel when "new episodes" or "movie review" threads are created separately from the countdown/pre-release threads so those who haven't seen the newest stuff won't be spoiled. How is that any different if people are waiting until the DVD release to view it?

I don't see what the big deal is.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
According to Bleeding Cool Justice League #1 has sold out.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/...ue-1-sold-out/
I wonder, though, how many of JL #1 will be purchased in the stores and how many stores will use that return policy DC has now in place. I doubt it many will, but I wonder if DC/Diamond is jumping the gun a bit by reporting this.

Then again, by reporting this might get people who were on the fence about buying it to buy it thinking that it's a collectible and few will be remaining to get.

Edit: Here is an interesting article on comics that sell out. It probably won't relate to JL given the number of copies printed, but interesting nonetheless.

Last edited by Team Broccoli; August 31 2011 at 06:24 AM.
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote