View Single Post
Old August 31 2011, 06:13 AM   #11
Vice Admiral
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Dennis wrote: View Post
Wait a minute - you mean there are people who really expect not to find out what happens in a monthly periodical until it's republished all together a year or two later? And they consider that it's a reasonable courtesy for other people to not discuss it in a timely fashion as it's published?

What a sense of entitlement that must require.
Yes. How dare JD show some curiosity in the internet!

Seriously though, I suppose it is the same sense of "entitlement" that people feel when "new episodes" or "movie review" threads are created separately from the countdown/pre-release threads so those who haven't seen the newest stuff won't be spoiled. How is that any different if people are waiting until the DVD release to view it?

I don't see what the big deal is.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
According to Bleeding Cool Justice League #1 has sold out.
I wonder, though, how many of JL #1 will be purchased in the stores and how many stores will use that return policy DC has now in place. I doubt it many will, but I wonder if DC/Diamond is jumping the gun a bit by reporting this.

Then again, by reporting this might get people who were on the fence about buying it to buy it thinking that it's a collectible and few will be remaining to get.

Edit: Here is an interesting article on comics that sell out. It probably won't relate to JL given the number of copies printed, but interesting nonetheless.
"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by Team Broccoli; August 31 2011 at 06:24 AM.
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote