View Single Post
Old August 28 2011, 03:34 AM   #3349
Qew
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Star Trek: Online

@mic of orion

[Engineering]
Subspace Field Generator Mk XI
Ablative Hull Armor Mk X (the VR Mk X has the same stats as a R Mk XI)
RCS Accelerator Mk XI

[Science]
Halon System Mk XI
Universal Assimilated Module

[Tactical]
Phaser Relay Mk XI

The field generator is a unique device you get by completing "Skirmish" in the Devidian arc. I'm using the Ablative Hull Armor because i'm fighting a lot of Borg these days, i like the Plasma dmg resist - but for PVP i use the RCS Accelerator for the +35% Turn Rate boost. The Shield Generator gives me +35% Max Shields which is crucial for Defiants considering how vulnerable our shields are - this is especially important for PVP.

Halon System gives me +18 Starship Hazard System which boosts the Hazard Emitters ability. The Phaser Relay console gives me +26 Starship Phaser Weapons which is great since i'm using all Phasers. Also the consoles stack so i'm actually getting +104 to Phasers. The +26 Phaser Relays do not have diminishing returns actually, only consoles that have +% have diminishing returns.

@PsychoPere

Yes that is the AEGIS set i have equipped. The Phaser turrets have a 360 degree firing arc so i'm not quite sure what you mean by a "wider range of aft fire protection".

@Igard

Yes from Armada II, but it's also been a widely used name throughout the US Navy history similar to many other starship names such as the Enterprise. Also with all phasers it really does seem to be "spitting fire" haha.

@Timelor_ Victorious

The +26 Phaser Relays do not have diminishing returns actually, only consoles that have +% have diminishing returns.