View Single Post
Old August 27 2011, 10:31 PM   #158
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Aykroyd Comments on Murray, Ghostbusters 3! Working on Script w/Ra

^ Broccoli brought up "Star Trek" in a post above. I think "passing the torch" movies on general are tricky to do because the plot is almost totally focused on that device. It is almost like an origin movie but while still telling what has happened with the original characters.

I have tried to look at "Ghostbusters III" as optimistic as I possibly can but even now I'm starting to become skeptical. Like Timby, I'm a huge fan and have been since I was a kid. I would love to see a GBIII but only if it was done "right" and it entertained me. Otherwise there is no point.

Like I said people keep asking Ackroyd about it, he's gonna answer. It might be best for him to decline responding until something actually does happen. As for the writers...I thought Ackroyd and Ramis had taken the reigns back from the "Year One" writers who were also on the "The Office" writing staff at the time? From everything that I keep hearing it seems like Murray will continue to reject or not read scripts and they will try to do this without him.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote