View Single Post
Old August 26 2011, 10:58 AM   #15
USS Fardell
Captain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Fardell Send a message via Yahoo to USS Fardell
Re: Non Trek Fic: Quinn's Code (A Daria AU)

Cafe Geekdale - Part 4

“That's not good!” Jennifer said.

“Uh-oh!” Daria uttered.

“Did she hit her head?” Jane asked.

“I don't think so,” Daria said.

“Do either of you know CPR or anything?” Jane asked.

Jennifer shook her head. 'I haven't had time to do first aid training,' she thought. “I don't know it,” she finally said.

“I once gave the Heimlich maneuver to Quinn,” Daria said.

“Did it work?” Jane asked.

“She wasn't choking,” Daria said.

'Quinn hasn't told me about anything like that!' Jennifer thought. It was more evidence of angstier than usual sibling rivalry.

“We should be doing something now. I'm sure of it,” Jane said.

“Yeah, I think you're right,” Daria said.

“Help me move her into the recovery position,” Jennifer said, as she stooped down. 'I have to do something!'

Daria and Jane shrugged and also stooped down to help Jennifer. This coincided with the woman returning to conciousness.

“What are you doing!?” she demanded.

“Moving you into the recovery position, but since you are now concious, there's no need,” Jennifer said.

The woman stood up. “Damn hyperglycemia. I'm sorry, girls, I'm holding up the works. Okay, now. How much apiece on those chocolate bars?”

“Ma'am, I'm not sure I can sell you any chocolate bars,” Daria said.

“I'm afraid that I have to agree with her,” Jennifer said. 'She just fainted from Hyperglycemia and she still wants the chocolate bars!?!

“What's the matter? My money's not good enough for you?”

“It's not that, it's just... maybe it's not such a good idea,” Daria said.

“The reason should be obvious!” Jennifer projected.

“Give me those chocolate bars!” the woman shouted.

“Thank you for the offer though, ma'am, and for caring about the students of Lawndale High,” Jane said.

“We could call your doctor or the hospital if you like,” Jennifer said.

“Otherwise, we'll be going!” Daria said. The teens walked away to go to the next house.

“I don't need a damn doctor, I need a damn chocolate bar! Gimme! I'll pay ya five bucks apiece!” the woman offered.

“Have a nice day, ma'am,” Daria said.

“Come back here!”
As the teens approached the obese woman's neighbour's house they reflected on the situation.

“Five dollars apiece. We would've made over a hundred bucks,” Jane considered.

'At the cost of her life!' Jennifer thought.

“Yeah, and all we had to do was take a human life,” Daria said.

“You always see the downside, don't you?” Jane asked.

“In this case, yes,” Jennifer said.

“Certainly,” Jane said.

Jennifer knocked on the door. 'I hope that this person is like the other one,' she thought.

“I'll say that is a successful afternoon, Quinn,” Cindy said.

“Yeah, definitely,” Quinn said.

“We definitely make a good team,” Kristen said.

“One more house, before the sun goes down,” Quinn said.

“Sure,” Kristen said, as they turned from Pinewood Road into Glen Oaks Lane. 'It has definitely been a successful afternoon.

As they went towards the house on the corner of those two streets, they noticed that Kevin and Brittany were also approaching that house. 'This could be a problem,' Kristen thought.

“Hi, popular brains, you are fund-raising for the coffeehouse too?” Kevin asked, as he and Brittany came up.

“Of course they are, Kevie!” Brittany said.

“Yes, we are,” Quinn said.

“Cool!” Kevin said.

“We were about to go and sell at that house. Would you like to join us?” Kristen asked.

“Sure!” Brittany said.

“Um, Okay,” Kevin said.

“Very cool!” Cindy said.

The Three Geeks and the QB and cheerleader couple then went to sell their wares to the family in that house.

Excerpt from the Diary of Anastasia Elizabeth 'Stacy' Rowe (October 19, 2005)
On that note, Sandi then said that she wants to use the Coffee House as a venue for the destruction of quote 'The Geekendorffer's popularity' end quote. I have to warn Quinn somehow, but I don't know her email address! I hope I will be able to find it out tomorrow...

Wednesday, October 20, 2005
Ms. Li entered her office and immediately the phone began to ring. “Who could this be, that can barely wait to call Lawndale High?” she asked. She picked up the phone. She was immediately blasted by some ranting.

“Calm down, and repeat what you just said!”

I said, that three girls from your school came around yesterday afternoon selling chocolates for a new coffee house, but they suddenly didn't sell me that chocolate, despite the fact that I eventually offered twice the value!

That was serious! “I see. Do you have a name I can refer to in my investigation of this matter?” the principal asked.

Mrs. Iris Johansen.

“Thank you. Can you describe these students?”

Yes, they were very distinctive. One wore her blonde hair over one side of her face and a dark jacket with a red skull on the back.

Ms. Li wrote; Burns.

The second one had long auburn hair, big round glasses and a green jacket.”

Ms. Li wrote; Morgendorffer, D. 'I can see that she is becoming a troublemaker. Too bad she left that self esteem class.'

The last had short black hair, although her eyes were blue, she wore a red jacket.” Mrs. Johansen concluded.

Ms. Li wrote; Lane. “Thankyou, I will talk to the three students involved! Make no mistake, Mrs. Johansen, I take matters like these very seriously.”

Thank you,” Mrs. Johansen said prior to hanging up.

'Now I have to deal with this impertenence!' Ms. Li thought as she put the phone down.

Shortly before recess, the three friends sat in front of Ms. Li's desk.

“Why are we here?” Daria asked.

“The school received a phone call this morning from a Mrs. Johannsen. She said three girls came to her door to sell her chocolate bars, and then suddenly refused to do so. Hmm. Even after she offered five dollars a bar, or more than twice the asking price,” Ms. Li said.

“She was hyperglycemic. The chocolate would've killed her,” Daria said.

“She passed out while we were standing there!” Jennifer said. 'There is no way she can refute that,' she thought.

“Did she ask you to feed her the chocolate?” Ms. Li asked.

“Of course not,” Jane said.

“How do you know it wasn't for her family?” Ms. Li asked.

“We didn't see any family,” Jennifer said.

“She has no family. She ate them,” Jane said.

Jennifer glared at Jane through her hair 'That is not helping our case!' she thought.

Mr. O'Neill then spoke; “Daria, Jane, Jennifer, we're two hundred dollars short of what we need to open the coffeehouse.”

“So, your refusal to sell chocolate to this woman was based purely on concern for her welfare,” Ms. Li said.

'Of course. Didn't you hear what I said?' Jennifer thought.

“And not wanting to do time for manslaughter,” Daria said.

“I second that,” Jennifer said.

“You have no overall problem with raising money for the coffeehouse?” Ms. Li asked.

“I believe in coffee. Coffee for everyone. But I don't want to sell any more chocolate bars. It makes me feel dirty,” Daria said.

“The bad kind of dirty,” Jane clarified.

“Well, I can't force you to do fundraising, but I can't give you credit for participating in the coffee house project, either,” Ms. Li said.

'Uh, oh!” Jennifer thought.

“Wait. Daria, what about what we discussed? Reading something on opening night,” Mr. O'Neill said.

“I don't think so!” Daria said.

“You do want this extracurricular activity, don't you?” Ms. Li asked.

“Remember your mom,” Jennifer whispered to Daria.

“Fine!” Daria said.

'Mrs. Morgendorffer seems like a parent that would give her daughter something to do that she wouldn't like,' Jennifer thought.

“Fabulous!” Mr. O'Neill said.

“Although I still don't know where we're going to find that two hundred dollars. Well, maybe the freshman volunteers will make up some of it,” Ms. Li said.

'I hope so,' Jennifer thought.

As if in answer to Jennifer's hopes, the office door opened to reveal Quinn, Cindy and Kristen with pockets and hands full of cash.

“Where do you want us to put this money?” Kristen asked.

“Just give it to Mr. O'Neill. He will take care of it,” Ms. Li said, happy that the Coffee house would be able to be opened after all.

As she walked away from the principal's office with her friends, Daria thought about what she would do about Friday night. 'I have to do something,' she thought. 'Maybe that Melody Powers song,' she thought.

At lunch; Stacy crept along the corridors. She found her destination. The room where the Anime Club usually met after school. She looked around to ensure that no one in the Fashion Club, or any other popular clique was nearby. She saw no one (or any security cameras), so she opened the door and slipped inside.

Once inside; Stacy went to the desk and expertly fished out the sheet with the contact details of the membership on it. She quickly found Quinn's information near the bottom of the list. She took out a notebook and quickly copied all of Quinn's contact details, before placing the sheet back exactly where it was.
She then left the room, but not before ensuring that everything was exactly as it was when she entered and that no one would see her leaving the room.

A special meeting of the Anime Club was held in the library after school.

“The reason why I called this meeting is that I thought we could collaborate on possible performance ideas for the Coffee House,” Jenna said.

“That is a good idea, Jenna,” Quinn said.

“What about my idea for reading fanfic?” Tatiana asked.

“Well, not all of us write fanfic, Tatiana. But you can read your fanfic there if you want to,” Jenna said.

“Cool!” Tatiana said.

“Perhaps, reviews of the various series. What they are about, how well they are produced and the characters,” Rob said.

“That's a cool idea!” Quinn said. 'That is totally a cool idea. The audience will get an appreciation for each series,' she thought.

“Anything else?” Jenna asked.

“Reviews of individual episodes as I suggested on Monday, Jenna,” Tania said.

“Any new ideas?” Jenna asked, wondering if there would be any.

“We could talk about games that are based on various anime and manga,” Quinn said. She could think of many examples right there.

“Good idea, Quinn,” Jenna said.

“Yeah,” Quinn said.

“So which series do you think we could review?” Jenna asked.

One Piece ?” Rob suggested.

“That's a good one,” Tania said.

“And quite cool too,” Jenna said.

Ghost in the Shell?” Quinn suggested.

Jenna wrote it down. “Cool!” she said.

Ranma ?” Tatiana suggested.

Jenna glared at Tatiana. “I don't think so,” she said.

“Why not?” Tatiana asked, disappointed.

“They would not understand the idea of it,” Jenna said, shaking her head.

Tatiana grumbled.

“Anything else?” Jenna asked.

Pokemon?

“Most of them may be familiar with that, but sure.”

“Yes!”

They continued their discussion for another 15 minutes.
USS Fardell is offline   Reply With Quote