View Single Post
Old August 16 2011, 03:36 PM   #105
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: From Risa With Love--An Adventure Of Dr. Julian Bashir

Thank you, Nasat. I may be sounding like a broken record...but thank you, very much.

It's funny--it's probably telling that, in the previous chapter, she openly requests for Sorak to, basically, leave Bashir alone, as far as "recruitment" is concerned. Although her reasons are apparently different than Bashir's own request...still, Julian's reaction is basically my own. Is she really just disturbed by his desire for control of the situation...or is she showing compassion, seeing his internal anguish, and finding herself caring for him?

I think I have an answer--but frankly, I made her so complex that she could surprise even me, almost like Crant did. The motives I ascribe to her may actually change when I finally write the sequel.

For now, I'll say: note how she brings up the possibility of the source of Bashir's "instability" being "something more personal". Is she aware of the struggles of his personal life--particularly the struggle to come to terms with the end of his past relationship with Ezri? Does she feel for him--and how would she take the news of his future manipluation at the hands of L'Haan and Sarina?

I'm not sure. I think I know--but it won't be confirmed for me unless and until I write it down for myself.

Thanks for reading.

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote