View Single Post
Old August 11 2011, 11:45 PM   #53
TrekAlliance92
Captain

Re: La-La Land Records Releasing a 3-CD Set of TNG Scores at Comic-Con

Christopher wrote: View Post
I think it's great that we now have soundtracks of all of TNG's first six episodes, the entire set of scores written before Berman's "wallpaper" rule started to rein in the composers. McCarthy's "Farpoint" and "Haven," Jones's "The Naked Now" and "Where No One Has Gone Before," and Steiner's "Code of Honor" are all throwbacks to the TOS style favored by Roddenberry and Justman, making them some of the show's most memorable scores, and now we have all of them.
Absoultely! These are among my favorites, really, with a few others from the Ron Jones collection ("1101001," "Where Silence Has Lease" being two spectacular examples). The combination of strong, powerful scoring, the use of themes (including truly wonderful use of both the Courage and Goldsmith fanfares), powerful and pounding action cues, and being emotive makes these great. I hope we get more of Season 1 soon (some that have seen no releases include "The Last Outpost," "The Arsenal of Freedom," "Justice," "Home Soil," and "Angel One")
TrekAlliance92 is offline   Reply With Quote