View Single Post
Old August 7 2011, 09:17 AM   #79
Gary7
Rear Admiral

Re: The Federation Must Die.

Sci, are you a professional writer? You've written so much content in this thread, it could easily make a multi-part article in some publication.

Sci wrote:

I know that Jack Nicholson is very charismatic, but I do wish that people would remember that the entire point of A Few Good Men is that Nicholson's character is a pathological narcissist who thinks that his position in the United States Marine Corps gives him carte blanche to break the law whenever he wants. He's a character who thinks he's above the law and above morality, not a character to be admired.

I was making a joke... when someone went on about how Sisko is sitting outside paradise (paraphrased). Of course Sisko != Jessup.

Jessup was a very sad case. The front line fighting military have to be very tough and thus go to some extremes to ensure the men will be able to fight successfully without risking the lives of others. He crossed the line, ordering that code red. The loss of investment in him for the military was huge... all because he couldn't see how he was taking things a little too far. Fortunately the Federation doesn't need that kind of practice to ensure people are capable of doing the job.