View Single Post
Old August 5 2011, 09:31 PM   #32
23skidoo
Admiral

Re: Erin Gray: Babe of the week #32 (Aug. 2011)

Thumbs way up! She was a crush of mine back when I was a kid, and I've had to good fortune to meet her, and even interview her, on several occasions. I saw her at the Calgary Entertainment Expo in June and she still looks great. I never really got into her with Silver Spoons, but as Wilma Deering she was (and remains) one of my TV holy quartet of the 1970s alongside Lynda Carter, Lindsay Wagner and Mary Tamm from Doctor Who.

Nice gallery - there are several pics here I've never seen before. By the way, that one of her in the jean shorts at the bottom is sometimes dismissed as a fake, but it apparently is the real deal. I think she was even selling copies of it at another convention I saw her at few years back.

But please tell me there aren't people voting thumbs down simply based on the fact we're discussing someone from the early 1980s. Let's remember this when Eliza Dushku, Summer Glau and Kristen Bell hit their 50s and people start giving them thumbs down simply because they were big in the 2000s.

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote