View Single Post
Old August 4 2011, 04:36 PM   #35
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

Re: Announcing: Deep Space Nine Season 10!

Mostly unrelated, yes, but it forwards the Dax-transferring plot, and some bits and pieces from this will show up later in the season.

I wanted the Vic thing to throw people off at first, to just wonder, "what the hell?" He fake walked off the holosuite at the beginning, and then he real walked off the holosuite at the end. Writing it, I thought to myself, "Hmm, we haven't seen Vic in a while. What should it be about?" Well, make a virtue of it, as they say. The episode is about the fact that we haven't seen Vic in a while.

As for Matthias, I could see it being a controversial point of view. But I think she makes some valid points. She doesn't have the familiarity with the Vic program the rest of the crew do (and the audience), so it took her some time to get there. We have an affection for the character, so we automatically accept him as "real." She doesn't know him. It's like Sisko in "Badda-Bing," where he says, "I see. When were you planning on going back to work?" Even at the end, her apology was more in terms of the good it did for the station's community rather than Vic himself. But I don't think it makes her a bad person per se - she probably just doesn't think of it as much of an issue.

BTW, thanks for still reading and responding. I do appreciate it. I'm planning on speeding up the upload schedule a bit, so you don't have to wait so long between installments, and hopefully things will get a bit more interesting for you.

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is online now   Reply With Quote