View Single Post
Old August 4 2011, 03:26 AM   #1987
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

I've been thinking about Fishburne as Perry today, and now I'm not sure if he's a good match for the role. Don't get me wrong, Fishburne is a fine actor. It is just that whenever I envision Perry, it seems like he always gives out some sort of crazy energy. I don't know how to better explain it. Look at Lane Smith's and Jackie Cooper's (and to some extent, Michael McKean's) take on the role. Different interpretations, but there was something about them that made the character come alive.

Fishburne, at least in the roles I have seen him in, always seems to be low-key and subdued in his performances. I don't think that would fit Perry White. In Superman Returns, Frank Langella acted the role fairly subdued, and the performance felt off to me.

That being said, Fishburne is a great catch for this movie and I want to be proven wrong with his performance.

One thing is for sure: even if this movie manages to be a complete mess, the production team has assembled a surprisingly amazing cast.