View Single Post
Old August 1 2011, 03:28 PM   #42
BrotherBenny
Rear Admiral

View BrotherBenny's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrotherBenny Send a message via Yahoo to BrotherBenny
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

I finished it over the weekend and I thought it was very well done. I liked the parallels between Jack Ryan from the Hunt for Red October (move version) and Elias Vaughn (Next time Jack, write a goddamn memo) as it showed the beginning of the latter's career. Valeris was always a flawed character and regardless of the type of flaw it is, it will always be cliched because there are only so many flaws and therefore they are used all the time.

The terrorist plot was also interesting as it showed yet again how one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist. I think the only way to stamp out terrorism is to understand why they do what they do and make them know that you understand and are willing to do something about it. The politics of this novel are great, with everything the bad guys have done swept under the rug so no one knows anything.

I do have one question though. We saw a Kriosian in TNG but was Krios independent by then or just left alone by the Klingons as a result of the events in the book?

My blog / My crime stories
BrotherBenny is offline   Reply With Quote