Old August 1 2011, 03:00 PM   #43
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: Cowboys & Aliens: Review, Discuss, Grade, Sequel, DVD **SPOILERS**

Brikar99 wrote: View Post
Vendikarr wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
I wanted to like the movie, but the script was pretty bad. I almost busted out laughing when it's revealed the aliens are after gold. Really, gold?
It somehow seemed appropriate to me that a western with aliens was about a robbery, not an invasion.
Well, Ella said these were the scouts before the invasion.
True, but apparently they were going to invade to take our gold. Still basically a robbery.

Another thing I got a kick out of was what a survivor the dog was.

Lonnegan kills the men it's traveling with, so it goes with him. It stays with him until it latches onto the boy probably figuring the boy would be the best one to care for it.

When the alien attacks the riverboat, the dog takes off. It later finds itself in the company of the outlaw gang until Lonnegan shows up again. It follows him til reunited with the boy.

At the end when Lonnegan leaves, the dog decides its best chance at survival is with the sheriff and the boy.

Talk about a character with a highly developed survival instinct.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended. - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote