View Single Post
Old July 30 2011, 12:44 PM   #38
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Re: Lucasfilm's "Red Tails" Trailer Now Online

Checkmate wrote: View Post
gh4chiefs wrote: View Post
Checkmate wrote: View Post
But based on the trailer, this one is almost an exact duplicate of it and, unlike The Tuskegee Airmen, this one does absolutely nothing to celebrate the actual people they're portraying. ].
Normally, I don't care, but just how in the hell did you get THAT out of that short trailer?
Easy.

Did you hear even a single syllable about them in the trailer? According to the trailer, they're just some random group of black pilots called the "Red Tails." It's even strongly hinted that its a work of fiction, as the only way you'd know otherwise is if you already knew.

And in regards to the people throwing their noses up in the air about people condemning a movie after a trailer, how is that any different from the people jacking off to it after a trailer?
Well sounds like you've made up your mind about what this film is or isn't based on a VERY short trailer with very little information to go on. But as I often say, different strokes for different folks. I don't understand where you're coming from at all, but I certainly respect your right to feel that way. And I certainly wouldn't want you to watch a film you don't like.

I don't know one way or another if I'm going to watch and like the film, I'm going to wait until I get some more information before I declare what this film is or isn't.