View Single Post
Old July 30 2011, 07:00 AM   #158
SFRabid
Commodore

Re: Resistance is Futile: The T.H.U.G. Collective is TRIP-tastic!!

Trying to think what was covered at the Meet and Greet. Pookha did a much better job than me recapping Connor’s stage time.

Connor: He was the first to visit our table but they seemed to rush him away pretty quick. He mentioned that his knee problem really got worse when he started jumping rope on concrete in his garage. He did not know you are not supposed to jump rope on concrete. Neither did I. He went on to describe what that does to the knee and the ligaments. I had just started jumping top in my garage. Guess I will get a good mat. Jasper is 5 and 1/2 now and does not understand why they cannot go running like they used to. The Twitter accounts here came in handy as I was able to mention things like green jello and he seemed happy to talk about something other than the standard questions. I may think of more tomorrow but right now it is WAAYYYY past my bedtime and I’m a little foggy.

Vaughn Armstrong was next and we mostly talked about travel. Barbara March came by and talked about her family, how her husband gets a lot more work than she does, and two projects she is writing. Ethan Phillips was great. He shook everyone’s hand, which no one else did, and was the best of the night. Max Grodenchik set the timer on his phone and laid it on the table. At first I thought he was making sure he did not stay too long but he was actually comparing his time to the CreationEnt police to make sure they were not moving him before time was up. He said he only likes small parts because he gets very nervous with larger parts. He did come across very shy. Jeffrey Combs was last and immediately told us he was tired and his voice was starting to bother him. There were 12 tables in the room and we were the 12th table he visited. I mentioned Max timing his stay and that got him started. “That’s Max being Max.” he said, then told stories about Max on the set and signing at conventions. His polite way of describing Max was “meticulous”.

Last edited by SFRabid; July 30 2011 at 01:33 PM.
SFRabid is offline   Reply With Quote