View Single Post
Old July 30 2011, 12:32 AM   #246
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac
Re: Captain America: The First Avenger-Review, Discuss, Grade, Sequel,

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
Dac wrote: View Post
considering it just ended with no closure on either the 40's plotline or even the modern day one, it was just incredibly weird to watch.
First off, I want to make it clear that I'm not picking at your review.

But I want to say that Steve having no closure on his experiences in WWII is precisely the point. It's one of the things about the film I liked the most, as it drives home the loss he feels. Us not knowing how things turned out allows us to feel directly what Steve feels. It's literally as if he died. But he has also been given a second chance at life in another time.

But at the very end of the film he's completely unfazed by the fact he's been frozen for 70 years. Sure, he looks around New York like "WTF", but it's not like he had any major freakout or anything, he takes it pretty well considering, or at least for as long as we see him, which is all of 30 seconds or so before the movie just cuts to the credits. Sure, he's somewhat gutted about not going on that date with Peggy, but that's not really played up, just mentioned. The whole film seemed extremely detached and unemotional.
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote