A few weeks ago, we started doing camera tests on the set and quickly realized that the original captain's chair made from a 10-gallon bucket was just too small for the set (and the puppets).
While scrounging around for a suitable (and cheap) replacement, I remembered that i had two Century Infant car seats in my garage -- left over from my MST3K Bot building days. Luckily, I didn't throw them out last summer when I was cleaning out my garage because it's coming together great!.
I had to chop off the bottom so I could get my hand up though (and to get the seat back into an upright position), but otherwise, it's pretty close to the way it came off the shelf. I added some arms from part of a server rack I scavenged from work and it still needs paint and upholstery, but I think we're on the right track!