View Single Post
Old July 29 2011, 02:47 PM   #216
Yminale
Rear Admiral

Re: Captain America: The First Avenger-Review, Discuss, Grade, Sequel,

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Tony Stark as a moral compass? Did you watch the two "Iron Man" movies Yminale?
Yes there was the whole character arc about Tony learning to be a better person. Honestly Marvel isn't going to expose the characters to huge moral conundrum like Civil War where you need Cap's clear eyed view of things.

Anyways having THREE Captain America period piece films would be fine theoretically but I very much doubt you would be able to hold your audience through all three of those films.
You've got to be kidding me. WWII lasted 4 yrs for the US. You seriously think you can't find plots for 3 movies over those 4 years. Mind you, Band of Brothers had 10 75 minute episodes and that's a real unit in ONE theater of the war. Cap served in both theaters. Plus he was running around with the original Human Torch and the Sub-mariner.

You could maybe get away with doing two period piece films before they got bored.
Wow you must find the original trilogy of Star Wars boring because it's one group of rebels fighting in one war.

You need Captain America in your first "Avengers" film no matter what publication history and continuity dictate in 616.
No ones has given me a good reason outside of "we want to see him there". He can still be in the Avengers but just not in the first one. Cap has such a rich back story before the Avengers, it's a shame not to explore it.