View Single Post
Old July 29 2011, 01:35 PM   #1274
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile
Re: What games are you playing currently?

23skidoo wrote: View Post
according to the gaming store I went to yesterday the current PS3 won't play PS2 games (but will play PS1 which is odd), so that's actually a bigger deal breaker as I have a number of PS2 games I want to finish first and I really don't want the hassle of multiple machines. Still, I future-proofed myself a bit by picking up a used copy of Grand Theft Auto IV for PS3 so when I get there I won't run into the "it's no longer available" syndrome. I just hope the PS3 games I really want to play: Portal 2, LA Noir, Duke Nukem and the new Tomb Raider - won't be tied to some online requirement which may or may not still be available when I get round to getting a PS3 (I read the fine print on GTAIV and as long as I don't want multiplayer it doesn't need a net connection).*
1. They are correct, the current hardware iteration of PS3s doesn't have backwards-compatibility in terms of being able to play PS2 games since there aren't enough people out there who actually demand such a feature (those who do usually still own a PS2 or first-generation PS3, and if they don't, PS2 are dirt-cheap nowadays).

2. Don't worry, you will be able to play all these games without access to the internet / the PlayStation Network.
"To hear some incensed fans tell it, The Sims 4 without pools or toddlers is a barren hellscape, an empty, rotten womb where fun is but a dim memory. I think those people might be overreacting just a smidgen bit, but you know, everyone’s got their priorities." - Nathan Grayson
SPCTRE is online now   Reply With Quote