View Single Post
Old July 28 2011, 01:56 AM   #149
zar
Captain

Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

Anwar wrote: View Post
Instead, they irresponsibly just left them out there waiting for their next invasion.
Like this, you mean?

SPOCK: "I can't help wondering if there are any more of those [planet killers] wandering around the universe."

What are you talking about? How were any of those wrapped up? Who built the probe and the planet killer? Where's the rest of the species the jellyfish belong to? Genesis wasn't inherently flawed, it was only flawed because of the unauthorized shortcut David took. And there are tons of other examples.

Anwar wrote: View Post
VOY had them in the Borg homeland, it wouldn't make sense for them NOT to repeatedly show up.
The Delta Quadrant wasn't Borg Homeland any more than the Alpha Quadrant was the homeland of all of the above. Both of them are a quarter of the entire galaxy.

VOY was under no continuity obligation to have Voyager come across the Borg, they merely had greater opportunity -- an opportunity which according to you, they shouldn't have taken at all... yet they did, so I once again bizarrely find myself in the position of defending VOY against your arguments, which are becoming more and more flimsy by the post.
zar is offline   Reply With Quote