View Single Post
Old July 25 2011, 09:03 PM   #172
CaptainCanada
Admiral

Re: Captain America: The First Avenger-Review, Discuss, Grade, Sequel,

flemm wrote: View Post
Stone_Cold_Sisko wrote: View Post
It's fun to see these guys on the big screen, and it's nice not to have sh-t movies, but it's kind of hard to 'go crazy' over movies that feel so generic and "lightweight".
I basically agree with this assessment. These are solid, entertaining movies, and I'm cool with that. They aren't amazing, though.

Marvel studios will have to raise the bar for Avengers in order for that film to not seem underwhelming, and I'm sure they know that.

It will interesting to see where the studio goes from there, however, in movies like IM3, Thor 2 and Cap 2, whether it's more of the same, or whether they try to be a bit more ambitious creatively within each individual film.
I think Marvel Studios is trying to establish a consistent brand for its films; they're all fairly similar in feel, they've got good casts, good focus on their main characters, generally solid production values. Of course, the Avengers franchise concept is a fairly risky creative endeavour on its own, so I can see why they're adopting this approach.

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote