View Single Post
Old July 25 2011, 05:34 PM   #74
Jono
Rear Admiral

Re: 2011 Tour de France

Contador is clearly the best grand tour rider at the moment. If he is cleared you wouldn't think he'd go to the Giro next year and instead of aim to dominate the Tour de France once again. Andy I don't think was at his best in terms of form this year and you would think that Trek would put a bit more effort in the off season to see if they can step up his time trialing if possible, though this year I think he blew himself away too much in stage 18, which made things look worse in stage 20.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to HTC Highroad as to whether the team will continue to exist. If not you'd think Sky would throw a lot at Cav to get him in their team since they're a British squad. Also given that next year the first pro Australian team will enter the circuit, named GreenEDGE. If HTC does disband Goss and Renshaw could end up with them. You don't like to see such a successful team split up but the idea of Renshaw and Cav battling for stages would be fantastic to watch, which is another thing I'm hoping to see - an Australian team getting a wildcard to next years tour.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote