View Single Post
Old July 25 2011, 04:20 AM   #37
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Re: Halo 4 & Halo Remastered

USS Mariner wrote: View Post
Chris3123 wrote: View Post
we've decided to have two fucking game engines running at the same time,
Right, the original engine plus the new graphics engine. They did that to keep the gameplay faithful to the original game while having newer graphics. I'm no expert in the field, so you have to tell me how that's a bad thing.
This really doesn't help at all. You give me the WTF smiley, but don't bother to tell me what about the quote gave you that reaction.

That's like saying they "didn't even bother" to completely rewrite the story. Why would they? It wouldn't be the same game if they did that. Same here. The whole point of this game is that it plays exactly like the original, just with improved graphics.
Dude, you have no fucking memory of how limited the original game is compared to the rest of the series is, do you?
Actually, I have perfect memory of how limited the game is.

Xbox Live co-op was not in the original.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand there's my answer.
Not the correct one, apparently.

Xbox Live wasn't around when Halo was launched,
I am quite aware of that. I never said it was.

and because it lacks multiplayer bots, you had to actually link multiple systems together to have a multiplayer match.
I am well aware of that too.

Guess what you still won't be able to do with Halo Anniversary Edition? Even given the "choice" they had between online co-op and online multiplayer, they went with the dumbest option possible, given that you can only play with one other person in Campaign co-op, which isn't so much a "gift" to old-time fans as a clone of the same game I already have sitting next to my still-hooked up Xbox.
That it's a "clone" of the original is the whole point. It's supposed to be the same game (the campaign, anyway), just with updated graphics and other minor bits. They could have made it "better", but then it wouldn't be the same game. I must admit that I'd love to try a more tweaked version, but I understand why they wanted to stay faithful to the original.

I do admit though that I'm disappointed that they didn't include Live muliplayer.

Last edited by Chris3123; July 25 2011 at 04:47 AM.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote