View Single Post
Old July 25 2011, 03:42 AM   #143
CaptainCanada
Admiral

Re: Captain America: The First Avenger-Review, Discuss, Grade, Sequel,

DWF wrote: View Post
That doesn't make him superpowered Usain Bolt can run the 100M dach in 9.58 seconds no normal human can do that either but it doesn't make him superhuman.
Bolt is at the peak of human potential; Steve exceeds what a normal human, even at peak, can do. He can run like Usain Bolt, but at far more sustained pace. His strength is greater than what a normal person can achieve, etc. The very ability to maintain these kinds of peaks constantly is superhuman.
DarthPipes wrote: View Post
If I remember correctly, Cap was supposed to possess the height of human strength and ability. It was noted that because of this strength, he was capable of lifting his shield. A normal person couldn't. Bucky could because his shield arm was robotic.
No, lifting the shield isn't an issue. Anyone can do that. The rare skill is being able to throw it like he does; Bucky's arm allowed him to do that, and Hawkeye, who has no special powers, could also do it because he's so skilled with projectiles.

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote