View Single Post
Old July 24 2011, 10:02 PM   #896
JonnyQuest037
Commodore

Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Skywalker wrote: View Post
My point is it's way too early to be judging either way. Obviously we're going to see more as production goes along, and I don't think the finished product is going to end up being as similar to Raimi's movie as you seem to think it will. The presence of Peter's parents in the Comic-Con footage makes me think there's going to be a subplot dealing with them and why/how they died, which would be a pretty significant departure from the Raimi/Maguire films.
Let's review. So far I've seen:

-Pictures of a Spider-Man costume that I hate. He looks like a basketball, for God's sake.

-A trailer that confirms that they're recycling a number of elements from the 2002 Spider-Man movie (Peter as a high school outcast, getting bitten and discovering his powers, Peter pining after a seemingly unattainable girl, etc.)

-That they're touching on a plot point I've never really liked, the idea of Peter Parker's parents being spies.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to like the movie, but they're making it really really hard for me.