View Single Post
Old July 24 2011, 12:09 PM   #26
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

Re: Announcing: Deep Space Nine Season 10!

So... I guess that one didn't generate much discussion. Boo.

What I enjoyed about writing this one was the thematic similarities between the various storylines. In all three of the Vaughn-Sisko, kai-election, and Dominion-in-chaos storylines, the issue was the difficulty in choosing between two different belief systems.

With Vaughn and Sisko, they were arguing between trust in a religious higher power and trust in a humanistic higher power. I think the irony there is that those beliefs are so similar as to be nearly indistinguishable. What's really pissing Vaughn off is what he sees as Sisko's betrayal, but it brings up those bigger issues for him.

With the Dominion, again, how different can the interpretations of two Vortas be if they're based on the wishes of the same Founder? Obviously different enough. And the battle for kai is between two almost identical versions of Bajoran religion. So I guess the similarity is in how these tiny distinctions can grow out of all proportion and take on a life of their own.

The Ro story, while contuinung her recovery, was more to establish that, while some people were arguing and punching each other and going to war, there's one person out there who genuinely doesn't give a toss one way or the other.

Read DS9 SEASON 10 and DS9 SEASON 11 !
lvsxy808 is offline   Reply With Quote