View Single Post
Old July 23 2011, 12:55 AM   #52
JD
Admiral

Re: Captain America: The First Avenger-Review, Discuss, Grade, Sequel,

I just saw this this morning and I LOVED IT! It was a very fun entertaining comic book movie that wasn't embarrassed to be a comic book movie. I swear there were a few shots in the movie that looked to like they could have been torn directly from comic book panels and I loved that. It had just enough campiness to it to be fun, but not enough to come across as cheesy, which is something that can be hard to do, so I really have to give the director credit for being able to pull that off. I think the whole cast did a great job, with Evens, Weaving, Atwell, and Jones being my favorites. I do agree that the CGI skinny Steve was really impressive, it didn't look fake at all. Did anyone else get a kick out of how Zola's first appearance was his face magnified by a computer (well I guess not a computer, but whatever) screen? And I LOVED the Avengers teaser, I think that has quickly equaled The Dark Knight Rises as my most anticipated movie of next year.