View Single Post
Old July 22 2011, 09:31 PM   #114
Kathryn J.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Questions for Bring Back Janeway Panel

Thank you, Kirsten, for taking the time to answer to our questions, no matter if we agree in all the points or not. I appreciated to have the possibility to hear your personal opinion after I heard David Mack's one earlier this year - and especially both in a businesslike way. I don't care about unqualified hecklings which are usually done here.

I adore Kathryn Janeway. She is a pleasure to write about. Thus far we have only told stories that deal with her death and its aftermath. But that does not in any way preclude telling future stories in which she is again featured as a character, and given the opportunity, I'd be thrilled to write them.
I would be thrilled to read this book of yours. As I said, you are the only actual Trek writer who would write this properly. What about thinking about such an opportunity? Bringing Janeway back doesn't mean necessarily that she has to be in the middle of each new book (which she wasn't in the old VOY novels either). But I believe her re-added character would make the VOY series richer again as well as get many fans back into purchasing VOY books again.

Thank you again.

Kathryn J.