Loved it and gave it an "A".
- It didn't feel like a by-the-numbers superhero movie. A good central character as Valar
described above, some substance and it being a period piece helped set it apart. I couldn't help but think that this is what G.I. Joe
should have been.
- I was quite impressed with the way they made Chris Evans look small and thin.
- I liked the retro style high tech.
- Loved all the connections to Iron Man
- Caps got the girl. Too bad it was only a kiss.
- The end scene got an applause from the audience and I loved it too. I'm very much looking forward to The Avengers
and hope to see at least a little of what became of everyone Steve left behind.
A few nits...
- With Captain America's shield being one of a kind, I kept worrying that he'd lose it. Then what?
- Having the wrong thing on the radio seemed like too much of a misstep for S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Red Skull did look a bit cartoonish but Hugo Weaving was fantastic. I wonder how they got his nose under that make-up since Red Skull doesn't have one. Or was that a CGI manipulation too?