View Single Post
Old July 21 2011, 10:10 AM   #14
Saquist
Commodore

Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

Supernuke wrote: View Post
But the real culprit is Star Trek First Contact.
I don't agree. Voyager encountered the Borg so incredibly often, that it made them look weak.
That's highly perceptional. Many of the encounters were indirect. Such as Unimatrix Zero (initially) Hope and Fear was extremely indirect, Scorpion was actual a perfect storm was Borg episodes go. A direct encounter of collaboration. One Direct Encounter with the 29th century Borg was direct and extremely unfavorable to Voyager. Even when Unimatrix Zero became more direct they had the help of a Borg Sphere. With what the writers were using from First Contact they were actually doing a good job with special situations between Borg and the Voyager.

Look at how massive the Cubes were in First Contact and in The Best of Both Worlds; they dwarf the cubes in Voyager. This makes them a much less threatening enemy in my opinion in VOY.
I saw no difference in size really.

Then Voyager goes on to destroy entire groups of Borg ships without getting a scratch, while in TNG one cube took out 40 starships and in FC one cube is back to being very threatening to large amounts of ships.
You guys forget Intrepid is Fighting Starship, it's Galaxy equivalent at the least in Firepower. Janeway litterally informs one Borg ship that Voyager can match their firepower and it was no idol threat. Voyager disable their shields in two hits.

8472 also didn't help the Borg in being that powerful race that was supposed to exemplify why humans were naive in exploring the galaxy.
Yeah but Star Fleet advanced. Nothing stays the same. They learned.

Instead this species easily destroyed the Borg, making them look weak. This is just my opinion though, so feel free to rip me apart.
The only thing that Voyager litterally said or did to make the Borg look weak is give them the ridiculous limitation that they couldn't learn anything except through assimilation. You'd think the Borg had never assimilated researchers and scientist that they didn't know how to create work arounds. That's about as stupid as a civilization having tech but not knowing how to fix tech.
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote