Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old July 21 2011, 08:10 AM   #366
Saquist
Commodore

Re: Mass Effect 3

USS Mariner wrote: View Post
This is coming from a newcomer to the ME universe (having bought and beaten ME2 during the Steam Summer Sale), but can someone just pinch the VA for Male Shepard so he EMOTES? Dear god, it's like listening to a toddler read Shakespeare.

As for ME3, I'd love if it they gave you even more facial and hair customization for a new Shepard, and allow you to customize the locked armor sets, at least as far as paint and patterns go.

I don't feel like giving up my typical iridescent paint scheme for a walking ad for Cerberus.
At least I'm not the only one who noticed...Meer's acting in the first was incredible...this game just feel short of the last at least by that much and Hale did an incredible job...whether she's paragon or renegade the voice is hot.

Reverend wrote: View Post
To be fair, being the first squadmate you acquire he sort of has to be the least useful and least interesting otherwise a player might not be as interesting in playing with some of the others.

It's sort of compounded by the fact that by the time that you've levelled up to the point where he might actually be of some use, you'll have a whole slew of much more interesting and powerful characters and will have probably forgotten he's even there.

I felt I had to use the Cereberus crew ever time I was on a recruitment mission...our other people just seemed to stick out too much.

Another factor may have been that his loyalty mission was so dull and disconnected with the rest of the plot. Plus of course the fact that Miranda, Tali, Thane, Samara and (I suppose) Legion also all had loyalty missions that involved family members didn't help much either. I mean, who cares that his father turned out to be a power mad castaway/rapist? What did that add to Jacob's character exactly?
His was boring but none of the other loyalty missions had anything to do with the plot of the game. Except for Legion because at least the Geth were working for the Reapers.
On top of that I get the impression there was supposed to be a rivalry between Jacob and Thane similar to the Jack/Miranda & Tali/Legion confrontations that was ultimately cut out of the game (I think Grunt and Mordin were supposed to have one too.)
The Thane/ Jacob rivalry occurred to me too.
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote