View Single Post
Old July 18 2011, 05:33 PM   #544
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

Dennis wrote: View Post
Ah, the "Loser era." It's probably wrong to call Rayner a supporting character in that regard, since he couldn't support the sales of the title. Like most folks, I rarely picked up GL during that time unless an issue featured Hal or some variation of the Corps - something that the publishers were well aware of and which was the corporate motivation for those stories.

But I'm sure the studio will get right on that. "This movie didn't make as much money as we'd like, so let's reboot it with a character who couldn't even sell comic books."
Your entitled to not like anyone but Hal no one is saying otherwise. You do realize that sales on GL were so low when Hal had the book that by issue #50 "the great Hal" was NOT "selling" the book. Does that even register with you? Or is it like your political opinions and you just block out what you don't like regardless of any facts?

Kyle sold the GL book for 10 years, yes TEN YEARS so your pretentious attitude is really making you look silly. Over twice the time that Hal was "able" to appeal to readers.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote