View Single Post
Old July 18 2011, 05:23 PM   #543
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
When I heard the villain would be Parallax and not Sinestro I immediately thought "WTF?". I gave it the chance it deserved, but as it stood, the movie gave the audience zero interest to care about defeating Parallax. I think it's a no-brainer that the movie should have had Sinestro turn from good to bad during this movie and become the primary antagonist. I don't really understand why they thought it was a good idea to put that off for a sequel that might never get made.
I guess I'm the only one, but I thought Parallax made a plenty effective villain in this. From his ferocious attack on Abin Sur in the opening, to him ripping the skeletons out of people left and right, I don't see how he could have been any more threatening. And him being the embodiment of fear didn't seem all that hard or abstract a concept to grasp.

Obviously Sinestro as the villain would have been pretty awesome as well, but I didn't mind waiting til the next movie to see it.

StarTrek1701 wrote: View Post
Green Lantern the movie was boring, drab, unimaginative and incoherent from beginning to end. Simple reason why it failed.
The first three I can kind of understand, but I still don't see what was so "incoherent" about GL. It was as simple and straightforward a story as you can GET. It might have got a bit rushed here and there towards the end, but it was always easy as hell to follow. There was never a point in the movie when I was wondering "Why is this happening? What is going on?"
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote