View Single Post
Old July 18 2011, 04:24 PM   #15
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer
Re: Any news on Cawley's Buck Rogers and Wild Wild West remakes?

It’s worth reminding folks that while our Star Trek project and our Wild, Wild West project are simply fan productions for which we have not secured any licensing and are not entitled to make a cent, the Buck Rogers Begins project is something else entirely. We have a full licensing agreement from the owners of Buck Rogers and we are entitled to derive income and make a profit from the project—if we can figure out how to do that. So, in the case of Buck Rogers Begins, we will likely charge per stream or per download or put it on ITunes or charge per disc or, well, we haven’t nailed down the specifics of the delivery system and how to monetize that.

In short, Buck Rogers Begins is a fairly low budget professional production, not just a fan production.

MikeH92467 wrote: View Post
Captain Robert April wrote: View Post
I'm coming down squarely on the side of "don't just leave us hanging out here".
I'm coming down firmly on the side of if you're so sure you know how to do it...do it. If they stood to make or lose money it might be in their self-interest to keep updates coming, but even then it's still their business. Fan productions are not going to make or lose money and obviously there is one group or another of fans who will not be satisfied. I have no problem with anyone who decides their time is better spent trying to get the product out than trying to update everyone on every development.

I might prefer more information or updates, but that's my preference, not something written in stone.
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is online now   Reply With Quote