View Single Post
Old July 17 2011, 05:07 PM   #248
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Location: Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space station
Re: ST: Shaping a Cardassian - "Strength Without Sacrifice is Useless"

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
Hmmmm...something tells me the Gorgor are about to revise their judgments of the species of the Alpha Quadrant. The Cardassian willingness to die for the Rathosians, in contrast to the Federation's moral cowardice...now that the Gorgor have seen the Prime Directive in its full "glory," I cannot imagine they'll be impressed. By inaction, they told the Talarians it was OK to go on and do what they are doing.
The Gorgor are...weird. That's all I'm saying now
As for the Cardassians...I'm glad that at least people like Zamarran are coming to understand that they cannot whine and hide themselves and give the middle finger to everyone, like a two-year-old with a very foul mouth, and then complain about how everybody hates them and misjudges them when all they've shown the rest of the galaxy until recently is violence (and I include the coup in that, since I do not think that was the optimal response to the Federation's unreasonable demands). They have to earn it.
I can't imagine Zamarran doing anything else. And I think neither can Brenok; he knew very well what he was doing making Zamarran the gul of this ship and sending him to the Rathosian system. For the same reason he's chosen Daro as the commander of the reinforcements. He needed people who wouldn't make the situation worse.

Oh, and Gul Daro! I can already tell that your Daro is different than mine--but I can see that thoughtful nature and that soft voice. And his clear aversion to violence and rash action.
When I was writing those sections, I had the scenes with him from the episode in my head. I hope he came out as the same quiet, soft spoken and almost shy person.

And I thought that someone without stupid racial prejudices would be a good choice and Brenok would send someone like that to help in the difficult situation that Zamarran had to face. I also thought that it's a high time for Daro to get a promotion