View Single Post
Old July 17 2011, 04:08 PM   #230
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

I think the award Game of Thrones probably deserves the most is Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series.

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
HBO productions that led the way: Mildred Pierce with 21 nominations, Boardwalk Empire with 18 nominations, and Game of Thrones with 13 nominations.
Mildred Pierce is fantastic and really deserves that impressive frontrunner status. Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones were also very solid, entertaining shows.

Evil Twin wrote: View Post
Brienne minus Jaime = dullness. And compared to Arya, her travelling companions are nowhere near as interesting.
I'll take the monks Brienne visits over Hot Pie any day. Her chapters are overall a little better than Arya's in books two and three, although generally the series could use without so much traveloguing.

Remember when Barristan disappeared from the books and then showed up again at the other end of the world with an assumed name? That was awesome.

Did we need to get a string of chapters about how Barristan escaped King's Landing, how he met Strong Belwas, their long sea voyages, etc. ... not really. Eliding characters when they're not doing anything terribly interesting is something GRRM should do more often.

I agree, however I didn't like it as much this time around, since Cersei is such an inept fool compared to Tyrion.
Which did make it fun reading. Having Cersei congratulate herself on a poorly made decision was good stuff. Cersei's just such a wonderfully nasty character to see the world from.

Last edited by Kegg; July 17 2011 at 04:19 PM.
Kegg is offline   Reply With Quote