View Single Post
Old July 16 2011, 02:33 PM   #77
Tidus79001
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Questions for Bring Back Janeway Panel

BillJ wrote: View Post
Tidus79001 wrote: View Post

Kristen, it is not really a question of "should she” be brought back so much as it is a question of “why hasn’t she” been brought back. The only people wrestling with the “should she” be brought back question is the editors & possibly yourself.
This is utter bullshit. I'm tired of the Janeway clan acting like they speak for every Voyager fan out there.
Get over yourself. I never have claimed at any point to speak for every Voyager fan. However from what I have seen the greater majority of Voyager fans here on the TrekBBS seem to want her back (look at the poll & read the posts).

It is the small majority like you who get loud, vocal & launch attacks at fans who make it known that want her back.

BillJ wrote: View Post
The only reason I'd ever entertain the "should she?" come back question is because of the incredible writing talent of Kirsten Beyer. If I get a whiff of Janeway coming back with any other writer at the helm, I'll drop the relaunch like a hot potato and may still even with Beyer if I get some implausible resurrection.

I honestly can't fathom how people can't enjoy the new dynamics presented by Beyer. I get that your a fan, but at some point you just have to let go of a fictional character. It's not like her death in Before Dishonor erased her from the seven seasons that the show ran or the multiple novels she did appear in or the comics she appeared in.

The character died the way she lived... larger than life. And to paraphrase Guinan, "I can let her go".

As in all things... your mileage may vary.
I have already responded to this type of threat once before. No since in typing that response up again. Lets take a look shall we?

Tidus79001 wrote: View Post
captcalhoun wrote: View Post
if you bring Janeway back, i swear i will never buy another VOY novel again. in fact, i might stop buying all 24C novels and only buy Vanguard.
Why do you feel so threatened by Janeway that you would want to deny her fans of her return?

There are a great number of Voyager fans out there & they like Voyager the way that it was. Non Voyager fans should quit expecting Voyager to be completely re-worked so that it is to their liking. If you don't like it go read the other Star Trek novel like you threatened to do & leave the rest of us to enjoy Voyager in peace.

Well we certainly won't miss you. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Next!
Tidus79001 is offline   Reply With Quote