View Single Post
Old July 16 2011, 12:43 PM   #113
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile
Re: vampires

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
What character or archetype does he play?

Tennant is playing a Las Vegas stage magician who gets enlisted to help the teenage hero fight the vampire. It's basically the Roddy McDowall part from the original, but they're reinterpreted the part to make him a more of a hip, modern show-biz type than an aging late-night horror movie host.

Probably not a bad idea, since, sadly, "Chiller Theater"-type hosts aren't really part of popular culture anymore.
Here's an interview with Marti Noxon, who wrote the screenplay: http://collider.com/marti-noxon-inte...-reboot/91076/

MLJames wrote: View Post
I didn't really mind Coppola's version. The one big-budget version of Dracula that really disappointed me was Frank Langella's in '79. I thought his portrayal of the Count was lifeless (no pun intended); he seemed to be phoning in his performance. This was all the more disappointing because I'd seen him do the role on Broadway and thought he did a wonderful job in the play.
I love that version, and granted, I haven't seen it in a long time, but I thought Langella was great. He completely nailed the seductive, suave version of Dracula.

Coppola's film has a lot of problems, but Oldman is another great Dracula.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote