View Single Post
Old July 15 2011, 04:18 PM   #19
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

Location: In selfless service to fandom, on the road to becoming a Star Trek trivia god...
Re: TOS Voice-Over Actor?

Christopher wrote: View Post
HaventGotALife wrote: View Post
Didn't Doohan do some voice overs or was that just in the Animated Series?
Doohan did Sargon's voice in "Return to Tomorrow," the M5 in "The Ultimate Computer," the Melkotian buoy in "Spectre of the Gun," and the Oracle in "For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky and My, This Is an Awfully Long Title, Isn't It?"
He also did the base commander in "The Ultimate Computer", one of the Mission Control voices in "Assignment: Earth", and probably a few others that I'm not recalling at the moment.

Sir Rhosis wrote: View Post
Captain Robert April wrote: View Post
KirkPicard wrote: View Post
Walker Edmiston was the talent and also provided his voice in "The Corbomite Maneuver" as the voice of Balok, "A Taste of Armageddon" as Eminiar Security voice, "Friday's Child" as voice of SS Dierdre, and "The Gamesters of Triskelion" as Provider #2 voice
Um, Ted Cassidy did the voice of the puppet Balok, while Vic Perrin dubbed Clint Howard's Balok.
Although I had heard that for years, most sources (Memory Alpha, Wikipedia) now agree that it was Edmiston, not Perrin who dubbed the "real" Balok. Before his death Edmiston asserted same.

Sir Rhosis
cblmc1296 wrote: View Post
Sir Rhosis wrote: View Post

Although I had heard that for years, most sources (Memory Alpha, Wikipedia) now agree that it was Edmiston, not Perrin who dubbed the "real" Balok. Before his death Edmiston asserted same.

Sir Rhosis
Just went back and listened to the V-O for Clint Howard's Balok and I am convinced. The characteristics of that voice are much more like the Amok Time & Tase of Armageddon voice-overs. I guess it is Edmiston.
Y'see, this is one of the reasons we're doing a new Concordance, to clear up these things.
Captain Robert April is offline   Reply With Quote