View Single Post
Old July 13 2011, 05:14 PM   #664
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--The Thirteenth Order

Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post
Hmmm, safe for now, then (or so it appears). I wonder what they'll find in any stash of Dominion communications...
Well, we'll have to see what if anything they are able to intercept.

Good old Berat. Again, I like how he melds obvious authority with a more personally-inviting style of leadership than we usually see. The atmosphere on his command deck is always interesting, for how it resembles and differs from the other Cardassians we've met (and of course since your last piece I've had Berat forefront in my mind again).
I hope it's still convincingly Cardassian, even though he's "relaxed" in certain ways.

But I tend to see personal connections as very important to Berat, yes. Knowing his people as individuals, what makes them tick, and respecting that.

And having a Human in the mix complicates it - I trust Berat's gesture will be taken as I'm assuming its intended, to note Spirodopoulous as part of the team and to acknowledge his just having saved the ship, rather than pointing to a strictly business partnership? The crew seem to be on his wavelength, anyway.
Well, we'll have to see how that goes!

I'm very much looking forward to the next half.
Thanks!

Gul Re'jal wrote: View Post
Berat still has very fresh memory of the conversation about trust and it seems to bother him, since he is so conscious of it and chooses his words carefully.
Yes, I would say that really bothered him. I know that he himself is often deeply torn between trust and distrust--but in this case, they have shed blood and mourned their losses together. That's a big line to cross, yet still show distrust.