View Single Post
Old July 13 2011, 01:52 PM   #67
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Re: Netflix shoots itself in the foot... aka no more free streaming

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
I need to check my bill. Isn't the 2x DVD rental more than $12/month now? If so, I'm in luck since I've never bothered with streaming and don't really plan to anytime soon. I dislike watching anything longer than 10 minutes on my PC.
We have the 2-Disc/Streaming service now. We use a router with our Blu-Ray machine in one room and the Wii in another, so we can stream directly to our TV's. We use that all the time.

The price increase is a bummer, but our pattern of use is such that it's still a great deal for us. $16.00 a month is nothing compared to what we're actually using. The kids watch TV shows, we have Voyager and Next Generation permanently in our instant queue. Our daughter watches Spartacus whenever she can, and is working her way through every horror movie ever made.

Plus, our local Blockbuster went belly-up a couple of months ago, so it's not like we have a great deal of choice...

I agree with others though, I hope this increase leads to more selection in streaming, and quicker new releases for DVDs.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is online now   Reply With Quote