View Single Post
Old July 13 2011, 08:58 AM   #59
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Netflix shoots itself in the foot... aka no more free streaming

Sheep wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
Sheep wrote: View Post
You guys don't seem to get it--Netflix is increasing fees due to what it costs them to license the movies and shows they offer, not because they want more of your hard earned money while not offering any additional benefits or services in return.
I get why they had to do it. As I said earlier, I'm already on the streaming-only plan, so this price change doesn't affect (did I use that right? I always forget ) me, yet. I was commenting more on the part J. Allen mentioned, the part about them deleting negative comments and such.
Gotcha. My point was more with the second part of your post. It will be anything but easy for another company to come along and replace Netflix since they'll have to deal with the greedy studios to get anything on their service. Unless you're a company on the scale of Apple or Google you don't have billions of dollars to be investing in a product like this.
Redbox is pushing for their own streaming service by next year. They're small, but who knows? Now, one of the bigger boys, Dish Network, has purchased Blockbuster and they fully plan on pushing their own streaming service. I'm a Dish Network subscriber, so this could be a serious win/win for me.

I like Netflix, and I have for years. It's just that instead of sitting down with people and going over the details on why they're doing what they're doing, they throw out some corporate doublespeak and ignore people. I understand why they have to raise prices; they are getting gouged by studios seeking to make more money. The problem is that unless you start digging all over the place, you're not going to find that tidbit coming from corporate to the customer.

They've had this problem for some time now. They need to fix it. Perception is reality. If customers perceive Netflix ignoring them, then customers will ignore Netflix with their wallets.
"If you'd come today you would've reached a whole nation. Israel in 4 B.C. had no mass communication. " - Judas, Jesus Christ Superstar
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote