View Single Post
Old July 13 2011, 07:32 AM   #202
Kirsten Beyer
Writer

Re: Star Trek: Voyager: Children Of The Storm Review Thread

OverlordSpock wrote: View Post
The only reason why this book did not get an "Outstanding" from me is, really, not the fault of the book itself. Although I was very pleased with the resolution of the problem and the new relationship with the Children (a wholly original race that was fascinating), I just couldn't get it out of my head that the Children as presented here were just simply not the same race as was presented in Destiny. Granted, they only appeared VERY briefly in Destiny, but their appearance there was so incredibly menacing that I just have problems seeing these as the same thing. But, that might actually be a good thing. For one: it shows just how alien the Children really are. They can be beyond menacing and dangerous to being a joyful, innocent race in a moment's time. That's fascinating too. But, as I said, it's still tough for me to wrap my head around it, so I just couldn't give it an "Outstanding".
Your Overlordliness...

Thanks for the many kind words. And I'll take an "Above Average" rating any damn day of the week.

I just find it interesting that the hell Quirinal went through in their confrontation with the Children, and Planck's destruction by them didn't seem menacing enough to connect them completely to the species David Mack established. Of course, YMMV, and you are completely entitled to your opinion. I just wonder if Captain Farkas or Captain T'Mar, may he rest in peace, would share it.

Best,
Kirsten
Kirsten Beyer is offline   Reply With Quote