View Single Post
Old July 13 2011, 03:06 AM   #38
Scout101
Admiral

Re: Oh Netflix, I Knew It Wouldn't Last

Right, it's not really a decision to go towards streaming or DVD like they are the same thing. The selection for streaming is way behind, and not only do a ton of older titles not show up, there's a long delay before NEW things show up for streaming too.

Pretty sure this results in Netflix getting LESS of my money, probably none of it. I like the streaming, but don't use it enough to justify the $20/month they want to raise my bill to. And at that point, way cheaper to go get a couple movies from Redbox than keep half the Netflix service at full price.

On top of that, Netflix gives you the new releases a month AFTER they come out. Presumably this was to get more streaming options, but since they separated the services (from a billing standpoint, anyway), why would I want to sacrifice things I'm paying for to benefit the OTHER plan that I'm not a part of?
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote