View Single Post
Old July 13 2011, 12:49 AM   #35
nevermore
Admiral

Re: Oh Netflix, I Knew It Wouldn't Last

Kestra wrote: View Post
No, it's not going away! I'm just complaining.

I didn't see a thread about this, so apologies if there already is one. I got an email from Netflix today saying that they're dividing up unlimited streaming and unlimited DVD plans. So if I want to keep what I have now, I go from $9.99 to $15.98 a month. That's a steep jump for me, considering I've been trying to economize a bit.

I'm torn now. I like getting the DVDs, especially since I never go to the movies anymore. On the other hand, I definitely haven't been renting as many movies and I've been streaming a lot. I'm thinking about just going with unlimited streaming which is $7.99/month but I'm considering just cancelling altogether.

Anyone else hit with a change? Any decisions?
I think I'll stick with the same price by going down to 2 disks from 3 (sort of like when I went from 4 to 3 at the last price hike), but...

JoeZhang wrote: View Post
they actually wanted to go all streaming but there are still many people who want physical discs.
...there are an enormous number of things that are not available on streaming (yet), so if they were to do that (or, if I were to do it for them) my selection would be severely curtailed to the point where it would open a major opportunity for someone else to come along and fill the gap. $20 a month to have access to pretty much everything ever released on DVD is worth it to me, whereas $8 a month for a very limited selection of streaming items is not, and they're nowhere near turning that corner on their streaming selection.