View Single Post
Old July 11 2011, 10:26 PM   #14
JD
Admiral

Re: New S&S listings - Wardilmore, DTI, final Vanguard, and Destiny TP

Thrawn wrote: View Post
So I guess they're loading the shelves with TOS before the new movie comes out, except that really the new movie totally isn't coming out on time, so that's not gonna work.

But we have, what, two new print books that aren't TOS or TOS-era from August this year through May next year? And neither of them is in the main 24th century continuity, either (MU and Enterprise). That's annoying. Gimme some DS9 for chrissake.

Hopefully the second half of next year will be loaded with a bit more 24th century, what with DRG3s two books and Mack's trilogy. Out of the other two unannounced books, I'm hoping for another VOY and another TTN.
I hadn't even noticed that yet. I wonder if this will be a regular thing every year a nuTrek movie comes out. While it does make sense from a marketing standpoint, it is rather annoying because it means we have to wait longer for stuff in the 24th century arcs. I'm with you on the DS9 thing, ZSG and RBoE seemed to be setting up a new status quo for the series, and I'd hate to wait too long to see where the authors/editors are going with it.