View Single Post
Old July 11 2011, 11:40 AM   #20
Start Wreck
Fleet Captain

Re: Fallen Star - Episode 1 (it's not Star Trek, but it's close)

So, not even a year after we finished the first film, we already have a set of completed scripts for episodes 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Our cast is eager and willing, we have the "go ahead" with our location and we're gearing up to rebuild the set at the end of this month, after which we have a ludicrous amount of filming to cram into a five week period. I'm not even sure it's enough time to finish it all, but we're gonna try anyway. The official Facebook page will probably be updated with pics and vids of the process. As for finished episodes, I wouldn't expect that for a few months yet. It's gonna take a long time, but I'm pleased to announce that things are moving forwards.

I've been casting a more critical eye over our first effort and, in hindsight, it has a lot of problems. As amateurs, there's stuff you just don't pick up on at the time, but I can see we made some rookie mistakes in a lot of places, in directing, editing, and so on. Crossing lines of sight, chopping off tops of heads, that sort of thing. Our writing/dialogue is a little stilted. Editing should be snappier.

I'm confident the continuing adventures of the HMS Britannic will be... an improvement. It should also be more exciting, universe-building, amusing and more well-rounded in general. We're pretty pleased with the scripts.

Exciting times ahead! I'll keep you posted.

Cheers.
Start Wreck is offline   Reply With Quote